Showtime just announced that The Big C premiere attracted 1.154 million viewers at 10:30 PM. That’s the pay channel’s largest audience in 8 years for an original series debut. (Previous was Odyssey 5 on June 21st, 2002, with 1.155M.) At 11:30 PM, the Laura Linney freshman series delivered an additional 429,000. The total night was 1.583 million viewers. The premiere episode was made available for online sampling two weeks ago and to date has received over 1.6M online views. The Season 6 premiere of Weeds logged 1.262 million viewers at 10 PM. With a total of 1.9M viewers last night, this was Weeds‘ best night ever in viewers, up 4% from the Season 5 premiere of 1.217M. At 11 PM, Weeds added an additional 629,000 viewers.
'Big C' Delivers Showtime's Biggest Original Series Premiere In 8 Years; Biggest 'Weeds'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Classics Calls Peter Fonda Tweet "Abhorrent" But Will Open 'Boundaries' As Scheduled - Update
'The ABC Murders': First-Look At John Malkovich As Hercule Poirot As BBC/Amazon Drama Rounds Out Cast
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Latest TV News
- ‘Hurricane Heist’ Producers Moshe Diamant & Christopher Milburn Team With Superkombat CEO On Action Label
- James Corden Addresses “Human Decency Issue” In United States During ‘Late Late Show’ From London
- ‘The ABC Murders’: First-Look At John Malkovich As Hercule Poirot As BBC/Amazon Drama Rounds Out Cast
- Netflix Acquires Korean Drama Series ‘Mr. Sunshine’ For July Premiere
- Samantha Bee Revisits Trump’s Family Separation “Policy Not A Policy”
- Fox News Throws Jabs At Other Networks For Not Airing Trump Rally