Where does octogenarian Betty White get the energy? The actress, whose stock has been surging since she followed The Proposal by hosting last season’s best episode of Saturday Night Live, has made a deal with G.P. Putnam’s Sons to write two books. First is Listen Up!, described by the publisher as a memoir of lessons learned over a long career but especially the last 15 years. Then she’ll write The Zoo and I: Betty and Her Friends, which is lighter lifting for her since it’s stories and photos of zoo animals. The books sold at auction and Putnam’s walked away with North American hardcover and paperback rights and e-book rights.
Betty White Lands Two-Book Putnam Pact
What's Hot on Deadline
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest TV News
- DHS Secy Nielsen Insists “We Are Country Of Compassion” As She Touts Trump’s Child Snatching Immigration Policy
- ‘This Is Us’ Taps ‘The Things They Carried’ Author Tim O’Brien As Consultant For Season 3
- Gareth Emery To Topline ‘We Are CVNT5’ Electronic Dance Music Mockumentary Series On Verizon’s go90
- Marvel’s ‘Iron Fist’ Set To Hit Comic-Con; No Show For ‘Captain Marvel’ & Film Side
- ‘Genius’ Production Designer Arv Greywal On The Photograph That Inspired The Look Of ‘Picasso’
- Phil Gurin To Executive Produce Revamped Miss America Competition