I have been wondering how any honest campaigning can be held in the ongoing SAG election what with this ludicrous anti-free speech SAG-AFTRA Non-Disparagement Agreement in effect. It forbids any criticism of either guild’s current leadership written or verbal — which in effect silences not just any public dissent but also any public discussion during this election. But last night, the SAG electioneering began to intensify with the website MembershipFirst.com’s outreach effort to campaign against SAG’s status quo. Turnabout is fair play. After all, the website UniteForStrength.com representing SAG’s so-called National Majority was first to attack its opposition MembershipFirst. And then there’s the anonymously run Sagwatch.net which regularly bashes SAG’s MembershipFirst (even though everyone is well aware there’s an AFTRA Board member behind it). And its loyal opposition Sagwatchdog.net which is also anonymous. Clearly, all sides now intend to campaign, albeit some in the shadows. Here’s the latest:
BATTLING BEGINS! Screen Actors Guild Election Blown Apart By Websites; Issues Include AFTRA Poaching & SAG Ignoring
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Latest TV News
- Kevin Costner Talks ‘Yellowstone’, Varied Roles & A Venice ‘Fandango’ Lesson – Cannes Lions
- Re-Creating New York’s Gilded Age, ‘The Alienist’ Production Designer Bought Out All The Cobblestone In…
- Film Musicians Residuals Fund Collects Record $100 Million; Many Stars Owed Money
- LaToya Morgan Re-Ups Overall Deal With AMC, Will Oversee Inclusion Initiative
- Gordon Ramsay’s Series Simmer In Ratings, Fox Still Wins Night; World Cup Scores In D.C.
- Jason Biggs Signs With ICM Partners