Joe Wright, who directed The Soloist for London-based Working Title, is developing a live-action feature of Hans Christian Andersen’s fairytale. This adaptation, written by Abi Morgan (Brick Lane), has been particularly inspired by a production staged by The Little Angel Theatre Company using puppets. Wright’s father John Wright founded the theatre company. The project brings Wright back into the Working Title fold. Co-chairmen Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner gave Wright his first big break directing Pride and Prejudice, which he followed with Atonement. His most recent film, Hanna, starring Saoirse Ronan, Cate Blanchett and Eric Bana, is currently in post-production.
Working Title Remaking Little Mermaid
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
Bryan Singer Responds To Atlantic Report: "Homophobic Smear Piece Timed To Take Advantage Of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Success"
'A Star Is Born's Sam Elliott Gets First Oscar Nomination In 50-Year Career, Jokes "It's About [Bleeping] Time"
Latest TV News
- eOne Ups Tara Long To President Global Unscripted TV
- Anna Karenina YA TV Series With Korean-American Lead In Works From Jenny Lee, eOne, Drew Comins & Scooter Braun
- Plaintiff In $100M Lawsuit Against Brad Grey & Brian Graden Wants Case Dismissed – Update
- Audra McDonald, Michael Shannon Set For Broadway Revival Of Terrence McNally's ‘Frankie And Johnny In The Clair De Lune…
- Sue Naegle Upped To Chief Content Officer At Annapurna
- Donald Trump Responds To Nancy Pelosi’s SOTU Nuts To You: “Blotch On Country We All Love” – UPDATE