Darren Aronofsky’s ballet psychological thriller will open the 67th Venice International Film Festival on September 1. Natalie Portman stars as a ballerina who finds herself locked in a web of competitive intrigue with new rival Mila Kunis. Vincent Cassel, Barbara Hershey and Winona Ryder also star in the Fox Searchlight release. Aronofsky won the Golden Lion two years ago for The Wrestler. This year’s Venice – reckoned to be one of the top three festivals in the world with Cannes and Berlin – runs from September 1-11.
Venice Confirms ‘Black Swan’ As Opener
What's Hot on Deadline
Man Featured On Bravo Dating Show Charged With Rape, Other Felonies; Might Be "A Thousand" Other Victims, DA Says
Jake Tapper Weighs In On Donald Trump Jr.'s Anderson Cooper Meme Feud: "What To Expect From A Pig But A Grunt?"
'Stan & Ollie' Trailer: Steve Coogan & John C. Reilly Find The Drama In Comedy In Laurel & Hardy Biopic
Latest International News
- Fan Bingbing Disappearance Throws Her ‘355’ Casting, Other Film Projects & More Into Uncertainty
- Peter Strickland’s ‘In Fabric’ Sews Up A24 Deal After Toronto Bow
- Gaspar Noé’s ‘Climax’ On France Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist; Studiocanal Names New CFO…
- Italian Distributors’ Association Chief Andrea Occhipinti Resigns Following Venice-Netflix Industry “Tension”
- ITV CEO Carolyn McCall Keeps Quiet Over Endemol Shine Bid At RTS Keynote
- Germany’s Largest Cinema Org Issues Netflix Warning As Streamer Encounters Growing Euro Heat