If you’re developing a prequel to your hit series Burn Notice built around Comic-Con fave Bruce Campbell, what better place to announce the plan than Comic-Con! That’s exactly what Jeff Wachtel, USA Network’s president of original programming, did at the Burn Notice panel today. The prequel is being developed as an original movie, not a series, and will focus on Sam Axe’s (Campbell) military past. I loved Campbell’s reaction to the news as reported by audience members. “What do I have to say about that? I have to say that USA finally got their s**t together.” Classic!
USA Network Prepping 'Burn Notice' Prequel
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars' Big Snubs: Bradley Cooper & Ryan Coogler For Director, Mr. Rogers Docu, Emily Blunt Get Cold Shoulder
Latest TV News
- Fox News Anchor Bret Baier & Family Released From Montana Hospital After Icy Road Crash
- Amazon Sets Launch Date For ‘The Expanse’ Season 3; Season 4 To Debut In 2019
- Bill Geddie, Co-Creator Of ‘The View,’ Boards New Tamron Hall Syndicated Show As Executive Producer
- NATPE Spotlights New Hopefuls In Revived Syndicated Talk Show Genre
- Ovation’s Streaming Service Journy Moves Into Originals With Second Season Of ‘Chasing The Sun…
- ’25 Words Or Less’ With Meredith Vieira Is Sold By Fox In 75% Of U.S.