The Hollywood Reporter has done it again. So I’m embarrassed for the trade paper and any media outlet that stoops to content theft and won’t properly credit Deadline. Back on June 25th, Mike Fleming posted within his scoop about Peter Jackson negotiating to direct both Hobbit films that “he, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens scheduled a trip to London the week of July 4, followed by a trip to Los Angeles the following week. They will meet the most impressive actors who’ve been put on tape by casting directors.” So imagine vacationing Mike’s surprise to get an email alert today from THR claiming an exclusive that “director Peter Jackson is in Los Angeles this week quietly meeting with actors. The casting trip, which also included stops in New York and the U.K…” What makes this even worse is that the THR story doesn’t add one new fact. Nor have I forgotten that, well after Mike posted his initial scoop about Jackson directing the Hobbit films, THR tried to claim that as an exclusive, too.
TOLDJA! Peter Jackson Casting 'Hobbit'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Dark Skies’ Writer-Director Scott Stewart Inks With Verve
- ‘Happy Together’: Victor Williams Joins New CBS Comedy Series In Recasting
- Issa Rae Calls Criticism Of New Sexual Fluidity Project ‘Him Or Her’ “Absolutely Ridiculous”, Talks ‘Insecure…
- Teen Choice Awards: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Solo’, ‘Riverdale’ Lead Nominations – List
- Michelle Wolf Blasts TV News’ Staged-Outrage Coverage Of Donald Trump’s Washington
- Argentina’s Loss Scores Top 5 World Cup Ratings For Fox; Shaky ‘Take Two’ Debut