Back in April, I reported exclusively that Marvel Studios was in final negotiations for Joss Whedon to direct The Avengers. Today, Whedon confirmed the news, and Marvel sources say the deal is done. That’s the fast-tracked film that would amount to an all-star team of Marvel superheros, including Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), Captain America (Chris Evans), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), as well as SHIELD leader Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson). Whedon has been rumored for this job for awhile, and was high on the fanboy wish-list. Marvel has considered all of the individual superhero movies to be an intro to The Avengers, so the wanna-see on this one in May 2012 will be huge.
TOLDJA! Joss Whedon Confirmed As Director Of 'The Avengers'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bryan Singer Responds To Atlantic Report: "Homophobic Smear Piece Timed To Take Advantage Of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Success"
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Agrees To Postpone State Of The Union Until Government Shutdown Ends
- ‘Riverdale’ & ‘Jane’ Spinoffs, ‘Nancy Drew’ & ‘The Lost Boys’ Get the CW…
- ‘Black Lightning’ EP Salim Akil Wants Domestic Violence Case Dismissed
- ‘Queer Eye’: Japan-Set Installment Set On Netflix Following Season 3 Launch
- Lilly Wachowski & Circle Of Confusion Board Indie Episodic ‘Work In Progress’ – Sundance
- ‘Big Brother’ Celebrity Anthony Scaramucci Turns Up At Davos