Back in April, I reported exclusively that Marvel Studios was in final negotiations for Joss Whedon to direct The Avengers. Today, Whedon confirmed the news, and Marvel sources say the deal is done. That’s the fast-tracked film that would amount to an all-star team of Marvel superheros, including Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), Captain America (Chris Evans), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), as well as SHIELD leader Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson). Whedon has been rumored for this job for awhile, and was high on the fanboy wish-list. Marvel has considered all of the individual superhero movies to be an intro to The Avengers, so the wanna-see on this one in May 2012 will be huge.
TOLDJA! Joss Whedon Confirmed As Director Of 'The Avengers'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Halloween' Poised To Topple 'Venom's $80M+ October Opening Record; Best Debut For Blumhouse & John Carpenter Canon
Latest TV News
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos Targeted By NFL Owners To Buy Seattle Seahawks
- Danny Leiner Dies: Director Of ‘Harold & Kumar’ And ‘Dude, Where’s My Car?’ Was 57
- President Donald Trump Tweetstorm – The Saturday Edition
- ‘Timeless’ Cast & Crew Tweet Table-Read Photos To Faithful Clockblockers
- ‘Last Man Standing’ Masters Demo, ‘Blue Bloods’ Best In Total Viewers On Friday
- ‘Luke Cage’ Showrunner, Cast, Finn Jones & Others React To Netflix Cancellation: “Forward Always”