EXCLUSIVE: Veteran screen and stage actor Peter Weller has joined the cast of Showtime’s hit drama Dexter. He will appear in eight of the 12 episodes from the show’s upcoming fifth season, playing a troubled Miami Metro police officer who gets caught up in an internal affairs investigation. Production on season 5 is currently underway for a Sept. 26 premiere. Weller who recently guest-starred on Fringe, is probably best known for his title roles in the RoboCop movie franchise and in The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension. His co-star in that 1984 sci-fi comedy? John Lithgow, who had a major role on Dexter last season that earned him a Golden Globe and an Emmy nom. Dexter received a total of 8 Emmy nominations last week, including best drama series and best lead actor in a drama series for Michael C. Hall. Weller is with APA and managers Craig Baumgarten and Bill Treusch.
Peter Weller Joins Showtime's 'Dexter'
What's Hot on Deadline
Steve Levitan Clarifies Statement That He Won't Renew 20th TV Deal Over Fox News Ties, Says He May Reunite With Fox Execs
Fox News' Laura Ingraham Under Fire After Calling Detention Centers "Summer Camps" For Immigrant Children
Steve Levitan Joins Seth MacFarlane In Denouncing Fox After Controversial Laura Ingraham Detention Centers Comment
Latest TV News
- Rachel Maddow Breaks Down During Report On “Tender Age” Shelters For Immigrant Babies
- Netflix’s ‘One Day At A Time’ & Starz’ ‘Vida’ Demand End To Border Family Separation; Ask Other Series…
- Jimmy Kimmel Mocks Donald Trump Claim Dems Forcing Baby-Snatching Border Policy On Him
- Dems Pounce On Corey Lewandowski Mocking Down Syndrome Child In Fox News Channel Debate On Border Policy
- Kristen Wiig Exits Apple Comedy Series Because Of ‘Wonder Woman’ Conflict As Project Eyes Recasting
- Stephen Colbert Bashes Sarah Sanders’ Border Questions Dodge: Trump “Owns Locking Kids in Cages”