The Company Men is the feature directing debut of John Wells, who not only wrote and produced, but gambled some of his E.R. money to finance the film as well. The Weinstein Company, which acquired the drama after its Sundance Film Festival debut, has just released a trailer that makes me feel like I do when I walk through a store in early summer and see the shelves lined with back-to-school supplies: the escapist summer season will soon give way to autumn message movies. When the film first played at Sundance, some buyers felt it had an episodic TV vibe, understandable given Wells’ background. I’ve heard that he has been working steadily to hone the film, which bows October 22.
Hot Trailer: 'The Company Men'
What's Hot on Deadline
Aaron Sorkin To Congressional Newbies: "Stop Acting Like Young People"; Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Fires Back
Gillian Anderson Set To Join 'The Crown' Season Four As Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
'Pirates Of The Caribbean' & 'Titans' Star Brenton Thwaites, Lily Sullivan Lead Oz Pic 'I Met A Girl'
Latest Film News
- Great Point & Development Partnership Launch Production Slate With Movies From James Norton & ‘ The Iron…
- ‘Stan & Ollie’ Director Jon S. Baird On Joining Martin Scorsese’s Inner Circle, And Doing Justice To Laurel…
- ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean’ & ‘Titans’ Star Brenton Thwaites, Lily Sullivan Lead Oz Pic ‘I Met A Girl…
- BAFTA Awards For Sue Bruce-Smith, Roger Pratt; ‘Harry Potter’ Production Designer Prize; FDA Chief Exits…
- ‘Glass’ Cracks $89M 3-Day Global Bow; ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Nears $800M WW – International…
- PGA Gives ‘Green Book’ Another Big Win But There Still Is No Real Front Runner – And Who In Their Right Mind Wants To…