The Company Men is the feature directing debut of John Wells, who not only wrote and produced, but gambled some of his E.R. money to finance the film as well. The Weinstein Company, which acquired the drama after its Sundance Film Festival debut, has just released a trailer that makes me feel like I do when I walk through a store in early summer and see the shelves lined with back-to-school supplies: the escapist summer season will soon give way to autumn message movies. When the film first played at Sundance, some buyers felt it had an episodic TV vibe, understandable given Wells’ background. I’ve heard that he has been working steadily to hone the film, which bows October 22.
Hot Trailer: 'The Company Men'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Erick Opeka Named President of Cinedigm Digital Networks
- ‘A Star Is Born’ Continues To Hit Box Office High Notes, Clears $100M In 12 Days
- Peter Jackson’s WWI Movie ‘They Shall Not Grow Old’ Takes $730K In One Night, Eyes International Release
- Entertainment Studios Names Ronnie Ng As CFO & Head Of Corporate Development
- Keira Knightley, Gugu Mbatha-Raw & Jessie Buckley To Star In Miss World Film ‘Misbehaviour’ For Left Bank & Pathé…
- What Would Netflix Do Without ‘Friends?’