Roland Joffe is back the volatile political terrain he covered in films like The Mission and The Killing Fields. It’s There Be Dragons. Producer Ignacio Sancha said the film takes place during the Spanish Civil War. A journalist who looks back on the volatile conflict uncovers his father’s violent role. Joffe helped finance the film, and he and Sancha (who used his banking background) raised the funding to cover the budget, as well as P&A for a spring 2011 release. They are in talks with distributors right now.
Hot Trailer: Roland Joffe's 'There Be Dragons'
What's Hot on Deadline
Producers Guild Awards: 'Green Book' Takes Best Picture; 'Americans' & 'Mrs. Maisel' Lead TV - Winners List
Gillian Anderson Set To Join 'The Crown' Season Four As Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
'Glass' Now Looking At Third-Best MLK Weekend Opening With $47M+ Despite Cracks In Tracking - Sunday Final
Netflix Reboots True Crime & Paranormal Series 'Unsolved Mysteries' With 'Stranger Things' EP Shawn Levy
Latest Film News
- ‘Glass’ Cracks $89M 3-Day Global Bow; ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Nears $800M WW – International…
- PGA Gives ‘Green Book’ Another Big Win But There Still Is No Real Front Runner – And Who In Their Right Mind Wants To…
- With Tuesday’s Oscar Nominations, Will Academy Officials Finally Leave The Bunker?
- 'Who Will Write Our History' Tops Slow Pack of Debuts; 'Free Solo' at $13.1M: Specialty Box Office – Update
- ‘Glass’ Now Looking At Third-Best MLK Weekend Opening With $47M+ Despite Cracks In Tracking – Sunday Final
- Andy Vajna, Producer Of ‘Rambo’ Films And ‘Terminator 3,’ Dies At 74