This is that Roger Corman and Syfy Channel’s schlockfest — a Navy-engineered killing machine that’s a shark in a dress made of tentacles — I told you about earlier this year. It capitalizes on the straight-to-video pic Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus on Yahoo’s Top 10 most viewed trailers of 2009. So Karen O’Hara, Syfy’s boss of original movies, announced via Twitter a greenlight for the long gestating Sharktopus! Love that Corman, who’s already made Supergator, Dinocroc, and Dinoshark, has given the pic a fab Beach Blanket Bingo vibe. (In answer to your queries, that theme song was done by director Declan O’Brien’s two nieces and their band, the Cheetah Whores):
Hot, Hot, Hot Video: It's 'Sharktopus!'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Latest TV News
- ‘Shades Of Blue’ Ratings Return For Series Low, ABC Tops Night With Game Shows
- Donald Trump Blames Democrats For His Border Baby Snatch Policy
- With 'American Horror Story' & ‘American Animals’, Evan Peters Unpacks The Madness Of Acting And…
- Desus & Mero Set To Headline Showtime Late-Night Talk Show
- ‘The Flash’: Jessica Parker Kennedy Upped To Series Regular For Season 5
- Hulu Orders Femme Fatale Pilot ‘Reprisal’ From Warren Littlefield & A+E Studios