EXCLUSIVE: Gael Garcia Bernal, the Mexican-born star of Y Tu Mama Tambien and Amores Perros, is going far from home for his next job. He’ll star with Hani Furstenberg in The Loneliest Planet, an independently financed thriller that will be directed by Julia Loktev. Shooting begins July 26 in the Republic of Georgia. Loktev’s script was inspired by a Tom Bissell short story. A young couple backpacks through the Caucasus Mountains in the Republic of Georgia. When they hire a local guide to make through the isolated wilderness, their relationship is tested in ways they never anticipated. Loktev directed Day Night Day Night, Bernal will next be seen starring with Kate Hudson and Kathy Bates in Earthbound, and Furstenberg is a stage and film actress in Israel. The film’s a co-production between Parts and Labor, Flying Moon and Wild Invention, and international sales are being handled by The Match Factory.
Gael Garcia Bernal Orbits 'Loneliest Planet'
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Latest TV News
- Mexico Beats Germany 1-0 In World Cup, Avenges News Outlet’s Insult
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border
- ‘This Week’: Steve Bannon Claims Border Outrage Aims “To Demonize Donald Trump”
- ‘Meet The Press’ Panel: President’s Twitter Activity Fueling Mueller Probe