Warner Bros and producer Jerry Weintraub have tried long and hard to mount a remake of the 1977 George Burns comedy Oh, God! I’m told Weintraub just pitched the studio a new version of the film, with Hollywood’s hottest octogenarian–Betty White,–as the title character. Paul Rudd was pitched for the role of the hapless mortal played by John Denver in the Carl Reiner-directed original. Weintraub, who produced the original, has been trying for years on the remake, most recently with Ellen Degeneres attached for the lead. This incarnation is nascent–the studio doesn’t have a script it loves, and I’m not sure White and Rudd have been contacted. But keeping in mind how vociferously Deadline readers endorsed White to replace Megan Fox in Transformers 3 and to play the new Spider-Man, this made enough sense to note.
Betty White For 'Oh God' Film Remake?
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
Latest TV News
- Netflix Doubles Down On Spanish Originals With Heroin Thriller ‘Hache’
- Universal Music And Hip-Hop Player All Def Boost Film And TV Volume
- Tom Hollander Joins ‘Baptiste’, Angelina Jolie-Execed ‘The Breadwinner’ Wins At Annecy, UK Fund — Global…
- U.S. SVOD Service Sundance Now Boards ITV’s Psychological Thriller ‘Cheat’
- World Cup: Mexico’s Seismic Defeat Of Germany Scores 26M Viewers For ZDF
- Wattpad Strikes Development & Production Deal With Germany’s Bavaria Fiction