The network’s movie arm has optioned The Ex Files, a 2003 chick-lit novel by Jane Moore, a columnist on Murdoch tabloid The Sun. Veteran TV and film producer Leonard Goldberg will produce. The Ex Files is about a a couple who invite all their ex-boyfriends and ex-girlfriends to their wedding. Goldberg has boiled the title down to The Exes, presumably to avoid confusion with Scully and Mulder, and looks to be mining the same territory as 27 Dresses and Bride Wars and My Best Friend’s Wedding. Then again, rom-coms about impending nuptials do tend to perform at the box office. Tally Garner of Curtis Brown negotiated the CBS deal on behalf of Moore. ICM client Sahara Lotti is adapting the novel.
CBS Films Thinks Brit Novel Has Ex Factor
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Latest TV News
- Mexico Beats Germany 1-0 In World Cup, Avenges News Outlet’s Insult
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border
- ‘This Week’: Steve Bannon Claims Border Outrage Aims “To Demonize Donald Trump”
- ‘Meet The Press’ Panel: President’s Twitter Activity Fueling Mueller Probe