UPDATE: This is a failing grade for the 20th Century Fox film starring Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz on the first day of what will be its 5-day opening weekend. According to rival studios, a figure of $5+M would have been hopeful. But Fox announced just now that Knight and Day did only a nervous $3.8M. (Rival studios had it at $3.6M this morning “apparently not knowing that there was a data feed problem with one of the big circuits”, Fox tells me.) “It’s normally 5-times Wednesday for 5 days, but that’s a number below even the most evil estimates,” one rival studio exec emails me.
'Knight And Day' Disappoints With $3.8M
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Wealthier Than ‘Meg’ At Weekend B.O. With $22M+ – Saturday AM
- 'The Wife’, 'Juliet, Naked' Bring Glenn Close, Rose Byrne & Ethan Hawke This Weekend – Specialty B.O. Preview
- Is Amazon A Contender For Landmark Theatres?
- Liam Neeson Snowplow Action Pic ‘Hard Powder’ To Make Trails This Winter; Charlize Theron-Seth Rogen Comedy ‘Flarsky’ Heads…
- MoviePass Parent Posts $126M+ Quarterly Loss & Gets Sued By Shareholders At The Same Time
- The Latest Ad For ‘The Nun’ Is So Scary, YouTube Removed It