Last month, ABC’s drama pilot Edgar Floats received a second lease on life with a six-script order that came days after the project missed the cut for a pre-upfront series order by ABC. But if the drama from writer Rand Ravich gets to a new production order (it is eyed for a potential midseason series pickup), it will be with almost entirely new cast. Of the actors in the original pilot, which was directed by Jace Alexander, only co-star Robert Patrick is staying on as all the others have been released. That includes star Tom Cavanagh, co-stars Alicia Witt and Derek Webster as well as Alex Solowitz and Raoul Trujillo who were guest stars on the pilot with an option to become regulars if it got picked up. Edgar Floats, produced by Warner Bros. TV, centers on a police psychologist-turned bounty hunter, a role that was originally played by Cavanagh, who often works for a bail bondsman (Patrick). People have been divided on Cavanagh’s performance, while Patrick has been almost universally hailed as the pilot’s scene stealer. I hear ABC brass like the idea of Edgar Floats and the central character but the project is being re-conceived, with the six additional scripts still being written.
Robert Patrick The Sole Survivor On 'Edgar'
What's Hot on Deadline
Is The Man In Black A Human Or Host? 'Westworld' Co-Creator Lisa Joy On Season 2 Finale & What's Next
John Oliver Blasts Cable News Coverage Of Donald Trump's "Children In Cages" Immigration Strategy And Walk Back
Jimmy Fallon Gives Rare Slap Back At Donald Trump Over "Be A Man" Slag; Host Donates To TV Scribes' Stop Border Separation Campaign - UPDATE
Donald Trump Tweet-Bombs "Filthy" Red Hen Restaurant After Eatery Asks Sarah Huckabee Sanders To Leave
'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Devours $715M WW; 'Incredibles 2' Has Record Pixar China Bow - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Expansion-Hungry UTA Taps Moelis & Company To Explore 40% Equity Sale
- ‘Yellowstone’ Premiere Sets Ratings Record With Nearly 5M Viewers In L+3
- Hulu And Viacom Set New Library Deal For Series And Movies
- 20th Century Fox TV Heads To Comic-Con With ‘The Passage’, ‘The Gifted’ Season 2, ‘The Orville’…
- Kurt Sutter’s ‘Mayans M.C.’ To Make SDCC Debut With ‘Legion’ On Confab’s Last Day
- ‘The Proposal’ Creator Mike Fleiss Vows “To Do Better” After Contestant Scandal