Marvel Entertainment is launching a TV division, Marvel Television, and has appointed Heroes and Smallville writer-producer Jeph Loeb to run it. As EVP and head of television, Loeb will work alongside Dan Buckley, publisher & president of the print, animation & digital divisions of Marvel Worldwide to adapt Marvel characters and stories to television as both live-action and animation series. Additionally, Loeb will oversee the development and distribution of live-action, animated and direct-to-DVD series. Loeb was previously a Marvel-exclusive comic book writer and also did a stint on Lost. Marvel’s rival DC Comics has built a primetime presence through its deal at Warner Bros. TV that has spawned such series as Smallville and Human Target.
Marvel Entertainment Launches TV Division
What's Hot on Deadline
'Catfish' Resumes Production After Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Host Nev Schulman Found "Not Credible"
Latest TV News
- Alec Baldwin Invites Melania Trump To “Come Over To The Light” And Join Him On ‘SNL’
- ‘One Day At A Time’ EP Says TV Writers Stop Border Separation Campaign Is About “Paying It Forward”
- ‘Catfish’ Resumes Production After Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Host Nev Schulman Found “Not Credible”…
- Univision Warns DISH Subscribers On Potential Access Cut-Off In Carriage Dispute
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- David Simon Twitter Reinstated, And Showrunner Returns With A Vengeance