When Larry King steps down from his CNN gig later this year, he’ll need something to fill his downtime. Bagels will play a role. Just before he announced his exit, King closed a deal to become a financial partner in The Original Brooklyn Water Bagel Company, a Florida-based enterprise that claims to have developed a water treatment technology that replicates the H2O from the New York borough that is the key to churning out bagels that taste like they were made in Brooklyn. (I’m not kidding). King will lend his name and his stature to an expansion effort that will bring an eatery to Beverly Hills, and franchises could spring up around the country. It all might lead to a public offering. While there are plenty of transplanted New Yorkers who might spark to a bagel that tastes like home, there’s no telling how a bagel joint will catch on in carbohydrate-averse Beverly Hills. King’s biggest problem, though, will be explaining himself to the breakfast crew at Nate N’ Al, the venerable Beverly Hills deli where King has been a morning fixture for years.
Larry King Heading Into Bagel Biz; Will He Have To Answer To Nate N' Al?
What's Hot on Deadline
Man Featured On Bravo Dating Show Charged With Rape, Other Felonies; Might Be "A Thousand" Other Victims, DA Says
Jake Tapper Weighs In On Donald Trump Jr.'s Anderson Cooper Meme Feud: "What To Expect From A Pig But A Grunt?"
Latest TV News
- Emmy Sweethearts Glenn Weiss And Jan Svendsen Make Surprise Appearance On ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’
- Man Featured On Bravo Dating Show Charged With Rape, Other Felonies; Might Be “A Thousand” Other Victims, DA Says
- ‘Stan & Ollie’ Trailer: Steve Coogan & John C. Reilly Find The Drama In Comedy In Laurel & Hardy Biopic
- ‘What/If’: Dave Annable & Louis Herthum Cast In Netflix Social Thriller Series
- ‘One Day At A Time’ Star Justina Machado Inks With UTA
- Fox Nabs Sister Comedy From Michelle Nader & Morgan Murphy As Put Pilot