With the nominations for the Primetime Emmy Awards only two weeks away, the TV Academy today announced the 62nd Los Angeles area Emmy nominations. KNBC and KTLA top the list with 15 and 14 noms, respectively. The Academy was most generous in the evening newscast category, nominating virtually every local station that has nightly newscast: KCBS, KNBC, KTTV, KCOP, KTLA, KWHY and KMEX. In four categories there was a single nominee that automatically wins, including live coverage of an unscheduled news event won by KTLA’s coverage of the death of Michael Jackson exactly a year ago. The rest of the winners will be revealed at a ceremony on July 31 at the Leonard H. Goldenson Theatre in North Hollywood.
KNBC Tops LA Area Emmy Nominations
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Latest TV News
- Mexico Beats Germany 1-0 In World Cup, Avenges News Outlet’s Insult
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border
- ‘This Week’: Steve Bannon Claims Border Outrage Aims “To Demonize Donald Trump”
- ‘Meet The Press’ Panel: President’s Twitter Activity Fueling Mueller Probe