What a difference nearly two decades can make. Back in 1991, Paul Reubens was arrested for allegedly masturbating publicly in a Florida theater. His showbiz career was seemingly over. Now he’s heading to Broadway, making regular TV appearances, and staging a big screen comeback as the lovable Pee-wee Herman. After seeing Paul perform as Pee-wee onstage in Los Angeles, Judd Apatow is developing a Pee-wee Herman adventure pic for Universal under the Apatow Productions banner. Reubens is writing it with Paul Rust. No director is set.
Judd Apatow Producing New Pee-wee Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
Endeavor Eyes More Content Acquisitions As CEO Ari Emanuel Opens Up About Conflict Of Interest & Saudi Arabia Investment - Mipcom
'Fear The Walking Dead's Colman Domingo Lifts The Lid On AMC Adaptation Of Stage Play 'Dot' - Mipcom
John Oliver Mocks Instagram Antics Of Mika Brzezinski, David Muir, Chris Cuomo On 'Last Week Tonight'
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Re-Interviews Donald Trump For ’60 Minutes’
- Animal Planet Rebrands With New Logo, Look & Mission
- ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC
- ‘Pennyworth’: Ryan Fletcher & Hainsley Lloyd Bennett Set As Regulars In Batman Prequel On Epix
- ‘Armistead Maupin’s Tales Of The City’: Paul Gross To Reprise Role In Netflix Revival; Full Cast Set
- Donald Trump Tweets “FAKE NEWS” On Saudi Interests As Reax To Journalist Murder Questioned