Casey Affleck, who opens tomorrow playing the lead role of a psycho in The Killer Inside Me, is close to finding a buyer for the mockumentary he directed on the peculiar hip hop career of his brother in law, Joaquin Phoenix. Magnolia Pictures is in talks. The documentary had a polarizing impact on the movie buyers that watched it during a lunchtime screening at WME last month. Phoenix–or the bearded and distant character he was playing–engaged in sordid deeds that included snorting what looked like coke off the breast of a prostitute. Deal’s not done yet but it seems to be headed in that direction.
Casey Affleck's Odd Joaquin Phoenix Documentary Heading To Magnolia
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Anthony Bourdain's Suicide Mourned By Rose McGowan In New Letter; Didn't Take "Doctor's Advice" In Depression Battle
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
- Emma Roberts Teases Return of ‘American Horror Story’s Madison Montgomery
- FIFA World Cup: Fox Sports Sets Record With Argentina-Iceland Match; Telemundo Scores Big With First Presentation
- Fox Sports, USGA Apologize For Graphic Language Inadvertently Broadcast
- Mexico Beats Germany 1-0 In World Cup, Avenges News Outlet’s Insult
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast