Lord of the Rings star Elijah Wood is set to make his series debut with a lead role opposite Jason Gann in the FX comedy pilot Wilfred, which is based on the acclaimed Australian series of the same name, co-created and starring Gann. David Zuckerman, who wrote the adapted pilot script and serves as executive producer, describes Wilfred as comedy “about a guy, Ryan (Wood), the girl next door, and mixed-breed dog, Wilfred (Gann), who is part Labrador retriever and part Russell Crowe on a bender.” Randall Einhorn is directing the pilot, which will be filmed this summer. Rich Frank, Paul Frank, Jeff Kwatinetz, Joe Connor and Ken Conner also exec produce, with Gann serving as co-exec producer for FX Prods. Wood, who will next be seen this fall in The Romantics and has lent his voice to Happy Feet 2, is repped by WME and Brillstein Partners.
Elijah Wood To Star In FX Pilot 'Wilfred'
What's Hot on Deadline
Dems Pounce On Corey Lewandowski Mocking Down Syndrome Child In Fox News Channel Debate On Border Policy
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers Blasts Corey Lewandowski: “I Thought When You Showed A D*ck On TV You Had To Blur It”
- As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces Temporary Problem, FBC – Longer-Term One
- Wall Street Betting On Comcast To Counter Disney’s Offer For Fox
- ‘One Tree Hill’ Alums Navigate Life Of Struggling Actors In Crowd-Funded Comedy ‘Everyone Is Doing Great…
- WarnerMedia’s New No-Nonsense Logo Projects “Extremely Utilitarian” Image, Expert Says
- ‘Now Apocalypse’: Desmond Chiam & Taylor Hart Set To Recur On Starz Comedy Series