EXCLUSIVE: Laura Linney’s Cathy is getting Miranda as a friend. Cynthia Nixon, who played Miranda on the hit HBO comedy series Sex and the City and in the 2 features the show spawned, is joining the cast of Linney’s upcoming Showtime dark comedy series The Big C as a recurring. The Sony/Original Film-produced show stars Linney as Cathy, a repressed suburban wife and mother who reclaims her life after a terminal cancer diagnosis. Nixon will play her friend. Other recurring guest stars on Big C’s upcoming first season are Gabourey Sidibe and Idris Elba.
Cynthia Nixon Joins Showtime's 'Big C'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Lionsgate International TV President Peter Iacono Exits; Agapy Kapouranis Set To Succeed Him
- Long-Shelved Logan Paul Movie Sequel Launches Today On YouTube Premium
- Comedy Inspired By ‘Property Brothers’ Drew & Jonathan Scott In Works At Fox From Jon & Josh Silberman
- Wu-Tang Clan TV Special In Works By Back Roads Entertainment & Taller Brand
- Caroll Spinney, ‘Sesame Street’s Big Bird For 50 Years, Is Retiring
- Tia Mowry & Loretta Devine Star In ‘Family Reunion’ Comedy Series Ordered By Netflix