The UK multiplex operator says total revenue, including ticket sales and popcorn, rose by 3.7% in the 26 weeks to July 1. Box office has increased by 4.1% including this month’s World Cup month. But the ticket sales rise was offset by a 3.2% decline in popcorn and Coke sales. Other income rose by 31.4%. Cinema chains will no doubt welcome England getting kicked out of the World Cup on Sunday. Tumbleweed has been rolling through the multiplexes during the tournament. Next time we Brits invent a sport, we should just keep it to ourselves. That way we might at least win something.
Cineworld Income Rises 4% Over 7 Months
What's Hot on Deadline
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
Critics' Choice Awards Nominations: 'The Favourite' Tops With 14, 'Black Panther' A Marvel, 'First Man' Rebounds; 'The Americans' Leads TV Series
'Once Upon A Deadpool' Trailer: Ryan Reynolds, Fred Savage Remind About Movie Release...And Nickelback
Latest TV News
- Showtime Taps Deva Kehoe As SVP Talent Relations & Events
- ‘Carmen Sandiego’ Gets January Premiere Date On Netflix
- Warner Bros. Digital Networks President Craig Hunegs To Depart
- Big Ten Network Taps Fox Sports Ohio Exec Francois McGillicuddy As Its New President
- CBS Strikes $750 Million Deal To Sell Television City To LA Real Estate Firm Hackman Capital Partners
- ‘Walking Dead’ $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC’s Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims “Victory”…