From Mode to Wisteria Lane. Ugly Betty co-star Vanessa Williams will join another ABC dramedy, Desperate Housewives, as a regular next season. She will play “a housewife who’s sure to shake things up in the neighborhood.” Williams, who just wrapped a stint on Broadway in Sondheim and Sondheim, should be a good fit on Desperate Housewives, which has a similar campy comedy feel to the recently cancelled Ugly Betty. Williams earned an Emmy nomination for her role as the villainous Wilhelmina Slater on Ugly Betty. She is repped by ICM and Geordie Frey.
Vanessa Williams Joins ABC's 'Housewives'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Wrecked’s Will Greenberg Joins NBC’s Bradley Whitford Musical Pilot As TBS Comedy Series Faces…
- ‘New York Undercover’ Star Malik Yoba To Reprise Role In ABC Reboot Pilot
- Nathaniel Arcand Cast In CBS' 'FBI: Most Wanted' Spinoff From Dick Wolf
- DIGA Studios Opens LA Office, Taps Lionsgate TV’s A.J. Morewitz As Head Of Scripted
- Oscars Ratings Drop Sees ABC Offering Advertisers Guarantees For First Time
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’, ‘Late Show’ Teams Win At Publicists Guild Awards