Perfect Couples appears to be the next pilot on the runway for a series pickup. I hear the hot comedy pilot from UMS and writers Scott Silveri and Jon Pollack has been authorized to make offers to writers, usually a step before a full-fledged series order. Meanwhile, the network’s other relationship comedy, the 20th TV-produced Friends With Benefits seems to still be in contention too as it is actively looking for a showrunner. And legal drama Garza is heating up. With star Jimmy Smits testing well and enjoying strong support at NBC, there is a lot of chatter about the show, from Conan O’Brien’s production company, being retooled for midseason.
PRIMETIME PILOT PANIC: NBC Update
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest TV News
- Friday Ratings: Fox’s ‘Proven Innocent’ Starts Soft, But ‘Last Man Standing’ Tops Demos
- Bill Maher Likens Nitpicking Of Oscar Best Picture Field To Undermining Of 2020 Democratic Field: “Let’s Not Eat Our Own”…
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91
- Jussie Smollett Assault Suspects Released, “New Evidence” Cited – Update
- CBS Goes With ‘The Price Is Right’ Over Conclusion Of President Trump’s Emergency Speech