I hear CBS may break away from its tradition of picking up all of its new series on the Monday of upfront week this year and greenlight the Chuck Lorre-produced new comedy Mike & Molly later this week. It’s not that a series pickup for the pilot would shock anyone. The comedy about an overweight couple and their friends written by Mark Roberts and directed by James Burrows has been the clear frontrunner at the network through table read, filming, testing and screenings. CBS is said to have a very short window to pick up the comedy or release it so producer Warner Bros. can shop it elsewhere. It’s safe to say the latter won’t happen.
Is Chuck Lorre's 'Mike & Molly' Headed for Early Pickup At CBS?
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Coogler & MACRO Set Black Panthers Pic With Warner Bros; Daniel Kaluuya & Lakeith Stanfield In Talks To Star
Latest TV News
- Shooting Of Ex-‘ER’ Actress Vanessa Marquez Prompts Wrongful Death Claim
- Jussie Smollett’s Lawyers Promise “Aggressive Defense” On Criminal Charges
- ‘Lost Boys’: Tyler Posey, Kiele Sanchez, Medalion Rahimi & Dakota Shapiro Star, Catherine Hardwicke To Direct…
- Michael B. Jordan Launches Outlier Fellowship Intern & Mentor Program For Underrepresented Youth
- Disney And Lantern Near Settlement For Weinstein Co. Film And TV Projects
- Jussie Smollett Indicted With Criminal Charges; ‘Empire’ Star’s Surrender Sought – UPDATE