I hear CBS may break away from its tradition of picking up all of its new series on the Monday of upfront week this year and greenlight the Chuck Lorre-produced new comedy Mike & Molly later this week. It’s not that a series pickup for the pilot would shock anyone. The comedy about an overweight couple and their friends written by Mark Roberts and directed by James Burrows has been the clear frontrunner at the network through table read, filming, testing and screenings. CBS is said to have a very short window to pick up the comedy or release it so producer Warner Bros. can shop it elsewhere. It’s safe to say the latter won’t happen.
Is Chuck Lorre's 'Mike & Molly' Headed for Early Pickup At CBS?
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Greenlights 'Rhythm & Flow' Music Competition Series, Sets Cardi B, Chance the Rapper & T.I. As Judges
Latest TV News
- NBC Nabs ‘Red Stick’ Crime Drama From Patricia Cornwell & Matt Tolmach
- CBS Developing ‘Dad Vs. Father’ Family Comedy From Kurt Braunohler & Cedric The Entertainer
- 'Wild Cards': 2 TV Series Based On George R.R. Martin’s Books In Works At Hulu
- Disney And WarnerMedia Will Emerge As Winners In Streaming Space, Media Analyst Says
- Megyn Kelly’s Departure Immediately Boosts ‘Today’ At 9 and 10 AM
- ‘Black Lightning’ Casts RJ Cyler; Antonio Jaramillo Joins ‘SEAL Team’