I hear CBS may break away from its tradition of picking up all of its new series on the Monday of upfront week this year and greenlight the Chuck Lorre-produced new comedy Mike & Molly later this week. It’s not that a series pickup for the pilot would shock anyone. The comedy about an overweight couple and their friends written by Mark Roberts and directed by James Burrows has been the clear frontrunner at the network through table read, filming, testing and screenings. CBS is said to have a very short window to pick up the comedy or release it so producer Warner Bros. can shop it elsewhere. It’s safe to say the latter won’t happen.
Is Chuck Lorre's 'Mike & Molly' Headed for Early Pickup At CBS?
What's Hot on Deadline
Imagine Sets Lin-Manuel Miranda's Helming Debut: 'Rent' Creator Jonathan Larson's 'Tick, Tick...Boom!'; 'Evan Hansen's Steven Levenson Scripting
'Code Black': Creator Michael Seitzman On Emotional Series Finale, His Idea For Season 4 & Hopes For Finding New Home
Disney-Fox: Post-Merger Executive Speculation Heats Up With Focus On Peter Rice & Dana Walden As Comcast Exits
Latest TV News
- ‘Van Helsing’ Trailer: Syfy Reveals First Bloody Action-Packed Look At Season 3 – Comic-Con
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Teases ‘Breaking Bad’ “Overlap” In Season 4 – Comic-Con
- Jaime King To Star In Netflix Zombie Series ‘Black Summer’ From ‘Z Nation’ Duo
- As Comcast Looks To Sky, Will Disney Keep Up The Fight?
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Creator Talks Andrew Lincoln’s Possible Exit
- Akiva Goldsman Returns To CAA