You might not know that CAA partner Bryan Lourd sat on the board of Barry Diller’s parent company when it owned the Home Shopping Network. (HSN has since been spun off.) So it’s interesting that CAA’s arch rival WME has signed HSN following a long courtship. HSN will be repped by the team that works on Hasbro for its toy-tie in movie deals and HUB, the joint venture with Discovery that puts a new channel on the air this fall. Why does HSN need a Hollywood agency? The goal is to create multi-media expansion opportunities for the brand.
Home Shopping Network Signs With WME
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
Latest TV News
- Colin Kaepernick May Soon Sign With An NFL Team: Mark Geragos
- 50 Cent Threatened By NYPD Commander: “Shoot Him On Sight”
- SNL: Don Cheadle Tweaks Trump With A Hockey Jersey
- SNL: Celebrity Family Feud Goes “Gaga” For Oscar Nominees
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host Don Cheadle
- President Donald Trump Tweetstorm – The Sunday Edition