The Kenny Leon-directed revival of August Wilson’s Fences that stars Denzel Washington and Viola Davis just broke the Cort Theatre’s single-week box office record. For the week ending May 9, the play grossed $1,008,103.50. That comes on the heels of 10 Tony nominations. The run is limited to 13 weeks, but I’m hoping there will be a movie version, because the performances by the cast are the perfect way to create a permanent version of Wilson’s Pulitzer Prize-winning play.
'Fences' Breaks Cort Theatre Sales Record
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Wealthier Than ‘Meg’ At Weekend B.O. With $22M+ – Saturday AM
- 'The Wife’, 'Juliet, Naked' Bring Glenn Close, Rose Byrne & Ethan Hawke This Weekend – Specialty B.O. Preview
- Is Amazon A Contender For Landmark Theatres?
- Liam Neeson Snowplow Action Pic ‘Hard Powder’ To Make Trails This Winter; Charlize Theron-Seth Rogen Comedy ‘Flarsky’ Heads…
- MoviePass Parent Posts $126M+ Quarterly Loss & Gets Sued By Shareholders At The Same Time
- The Latest Ad For ‘The Nun’ Is So Scary, YouTube Removed It