Legendary Pictures has announced a movie rights deal for Mass Effect, the Electronic Arts/BioWare videogame for Xbox 360 that will be co-financed and distributed by Warner Bros. Mark Protosevich, who adapted Marvel Entertainment’s Thor, is in talks to write the script. The scifi series takes place in 2183 and follows Commander Shepard of the SS Normandy as he leads a team on a mission to defeat an ancient alien race that invades the galaxy every 50,000 years, wiping out all organic life. Legendary is separately working on an adaptation of World of Warcraft with former Spider-Man director Sam Raimi. Legendary’s Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni produce with Avi and Ari Arad.
Electronic Arts Game 'Mass Effect' In Film Deal to Legendary Pictures
What's Hot on Deadline
Imagine Sets Lin-Manuel Miranda's Helming Debut: 'Rent' Creator Jonathan Larson's 'Tick, Tick...Boom!'; 'Evan Hansen's Steven Levenson Scripting
'Code Black': Creator Michael Seitzman On Emotional Series Finale, His Idea For Season 4 & Hopes For Finding New Home
Disney-Fox: Post-Merger Executive Speculation Heats Up With Focus On Peter Rice & Dana Walden As Comcast Exits
Latest TV News
- ‘Van Helsing’ Trailer: Syfy Reveals First Bloody Action-Packed Look At Season 3 – Comic-Con
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Teases ‘Breaking Bad’ “Overlap” In Season 4 – Comic-Con
- Jaime King To Star In Netflix Zombie Series ‘Black Summer’ From ‘Z Nation’ Duo
- As Comcast Looks To Sky, Will Disney Keep Up The Fight?
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Creator Talks Andrew Lincoln’s Possible Exit
- Akiva Goldsman Returns To CAA