Legendary Pictures has announced a movie rights deal for Mass Effect, the Electronic Arts/BioWare videogame for Xbox 360 that will be co-financed and distributed by Warner Bros. Mark Protosevich, who adapted Marvel Entertainment’s Thor, is in talks to write the script. The scifi series takes place in 2183 and follows Commander Shepard of the SS Normandy as he leads a team on a mission to defeat an ancient alien race that invades the galaxy every 50,000 years, wiping out all organic life. Legendary is separately working on an adaptation of World of Warcraft with former Spider-Man director Sam Raimi. Legendary’s Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni produce with Avi and Ari Arad.
Electronic Arts Game 'Mass Effect' In Film Deal to Legendary Pictures
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Mocks Melania Trump's Public Demand Husband Fire National Security Official Over Africa Trip Squabble
Fox News & CBS Join News Outlets Supporting CNN In Lawsuit To Restore Jim Acosta's White House Credentials
Netflix Greenlights 'Rhythm & Flow' Music Competition Series, Sets Cardi B, Chance the Rapper & T.I. As Judges
Latest TV News
- Tamir Muhammad Launches Production Company, Inks Overall Deal With Warner Bros.
- ‘Jack Reacher’ TV Series In The Works
- ‘Narcos: Mexico’: Jesse Garcia Cast As Series Regular In Netflix Drama
- Judge To Rule Thursday On CNN Request For Immediate Return of Jim Acosta’s White House Credentials
- Cinedigm Losses Narrow In Q2 As OTT Channel Revenue Jumps 23%
- Lachlan Murdoch Salutes Father Rupert Murdoch At Fox’s Last Annual Shareholder Meeting Before Disney Deal – Update