The financier has agreed to finance productions being made by New Zealand producer Atlantic South to the tune of $20 million a year. Prescience will provide debt, equity and bridge finance for Australian and New Zealand projects in the $5-15m budget range. The Atlantic/Prescience venture could provide up to 60% of a qualifying production’s budget. New Zealand offers a 40% tax break for movies shooting down under. Sydney- and Auckland-based Atlantic South is currently filming Love Birds, starring Rhys Darby and Sally Hawkins.
CANNES: Prescience Backs Atlantic South
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest TV News
- Jussie Smollett Viewed As “Active Participant” By Cops In Alleged Assault
- President Donald Trump Tweetstorm – The Saturday Edition
- Friday Ratings: Fox’s ‘Proven Innocent’ Starts Soft, But ‘Last Man Standing’ Tops Demos
- Bill Maher Likens Nitpicking Of Oscar Best Picture Field To Undermining Of 2020 Democratic Field: “Let’s Not Eat Our Own”…
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91