The financier has agreed to finance productions being made by New Zealand producer Atlantic South to the tune of $20 million a year. Prescience will provide debt, equity and bridge finance for Australian and New Zealand projects in the $5-15m budget range. The Atlantic/Prescience venture could provide up to 60% of a qualifying production’s budget. New Zealand offers a 40% tax break for movies shooting down under. Sydney- and Auckland-based Atlantic South is currently filming Love Birds, starring Rhys Darby and Sally Hawkins.
CANNES: Prescience Backs Atlantic South
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Rich Asians' Takes $5M Wednesday, 5-Day Forecast $23M-$25M; 'Meg' Swims To $59M+ - Thursday AM B.O.
Latest TV News
- Chernin Entertainment Promotes David Ready To Exec Veep Film & Television
- Emmy-Contending 'Blue Planet II' Reveals Ocean's Wonders, From Transgender Fish To Creatures That Use Tools
- ‘Scotty And The Secret History Of Hollywood’ Among Nine Documentaries Acquired By Starz
- Dylan Byers Joins NBC News To Cover Hollywood, Silicon Valley
- Sky & Viacom's C5 Rip Up Schedules To Accommodate Aretha Franklin Docs
- Emmy Predictions: Can Donald Glover Defend Comedy Series Actor Crown Against Veterans In Their Return?