Magnolia Pictures has bought world rights to Smash His Camera, the documentary about infamous New York City paparazzo Ron Galella. He is the pioneering yet controversial celebrity photographer who is best remembered for the restraining order that Jackie O obtained against his prying camera after he photographed her in private moments. He also lost 5 teeth at the hands of another antagonistic subject, Marlon Brando. The film is directed by Leon Gast, the Academy Award-winning helmer of When We Were Kings. Smash His Camera premiered at Sundance, and HBO recently acquired U.S. broadcast rights.
CANNES: Paparazzo Doc Gets Magnolia Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
Latest TV News
- ‘Friends From College’ Canceled After Two Seasons At Netflix
- WGA & SAG-AFTRA Taking Sharply Different Approaches At Bargaining Table With Agencies And Ad Industry
- Krysten Ritter Posts ‘Jessica Jones’ Finale Table Read Photo; Says She’s “Proud” Of How Show Will Complete “Journey”…
- ‘Veep’ Trailer: Presidents Day Greetings From Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Fox Comedies, ‘60 Minutes’ Andrew McCabe Sit-Down Top Slow Holiday Sunday Ratings
- ‘T.I. & Tiny: Friends & Family Hustle’ Season 2 Production On Hold