London-based Ealing Studios is putting together a biopic about the jazz legend, best remembered for such hits as My Baby Just Cares for Me and I Put A Spell on You. William Morris Endeavor’s Global Finance & Distribution Group brought the film to Ealing to finance, produce and sell internationally. WME Global is handling North American rights. Cynthia Mort, who wrote Neil Jordan’s The Brave One, is writing and directing.
CANNES: Mary J Blige To Play Nina Simone
What's Hot on Deadline
Tom Arnold Hits Mark Burnett With Battery Claim After Pre-Emmy Scuffle; Says Trump ‘Apprentice’ Tapes “Handed Over” To Ronan Farrow - Update
HBO & Netflix In Historic Emmy Tie After 'Game Of Thrones' Win, Amazon Has Big Night With 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel'
Latest TV News
- Netflix Stock Rises 2% After Streaming Platform’s Strong Emmy Night
- Emmy Ratings Fall Double Digits To New Low, Despite Move To Monday By NBC
- ITV CEO Carolyn McCall Keeps Quiet Over Endemol Shine Bid At RTS Keynote
- Netflix Picks Up BBC Drama Thriller ‘Bodyguard’ Starring ‘Game Of Thrones’ Richard Madden
- BBC Eyes New Funding Routes As It Looks To Fight Netflix & Amazon
- Entertainment One: "We're A Buyer, Not A Seller"