The British arm of the U.S. mini-major has boarded its second in-house production after the Jason Statham-starrer Blitz. Lionsgate is partnering with BBC Films and Kudos Pictures on Salmon Fishing, which Lionsgate International is selling here in Cannes. Production is due to begin this summer. Based on the best-selling novel by Paul Torday, Salmon Fishing will be directed by Lasse Hallström and star Ewan McGregor (The Men Who Stare at Goats), Emily Blunt (The Wolfman) and Kristin Scott-Thomas (Nowhere Boy). Atonement producer Paul Webster is producing for Kudos.
CANNES: Lionsgate UK Goes 'Fishing'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Veronica Mars' Revival: Kristen Bell Gives Sneak Peek From Set, Rob Thomas Posts First Photo Of Cast
'RuPaul's Drag Race Holi-Slay Spectacular' Trailer: The Queens Return For Some Yuletide Cheer...And Shade
Oscars: Governors Awards Brings Out Honorees And Hopefuls In Star-Filled Evening Hijacked By Clint Eastwood(!)
Latest TV News
- ‘The Deuce’: David Krumholtz, Daniel Sauli, Sepidah Moafi & Olivia Luccardi Upped To Series Regulars On…
- ‘Teachers’ To End After Season 3, Leaving TV Land With No Original Scripted Series
- ‘The Man In The High Castle’: Bzhaun Rhoden, Louis Ferreira & Peter Shinkoda To Recur In Season 4
- ‘The Limit’ Trailer: Robert Rodriguez Puts Virtual Reality To Action
- Historic ‘Monday Night Football’ Game Ratings Soar; Rams Win Over Chiefs
- ‘Ozark’s Skylar Gaertner Signs With ICM Partners