The British arm of the U.S. mini-major has boarded its second in-house production after the Jason Statham-starrer Blitz. Lionsgate is partnering with BBC Films and Kudos Pictures on Salmon Fishing, which Lionsgate International is selling here in Cannes. Production is due to begin this summer. Based on the best-selling novel by Paul Torday, Salmon Fishing will be directed by Lasse Hallström and star Ewan McGregor (The Men Who Stare at Goats), Emily Blunt (The Wolfman) and Kristin Scott-Thomas (Nowhere Boy). Atonement producer Paul Webster is producing for Kudos.
CANNES: Lionsgate UK Goes 'Fishing'
What's Hot on Deadline
Feeling the Churn: Why Netflix Cancels Shows After A Couple Of Seasons & Why They Can't Move To New Homes
Latest TV News
- Ryan Murphy’s ‘Pose’ Jumps Out In Front Of Emmy Season As First Screener Sent To TV Academy Voters
- ‘Jane The Novela’: Remy Hii To Star In the CW Spinoff; 'Jane the Virgin's Ivonne Coll, Benito Martinez, Holland Roden…
- Lilah Richcreek Cast In Leslie Odom Jr. ABC Comedy Pilot
- ‘The Us Project’: Elizabeth Alderfer & David Walton Cast In CBS Comedy Pilot
- ‘T.I. & Tiny: Friends & Family Hustle’ Gets Season 2 Premiere Date On VH1
- Netflix’s Ted Sarandos Chides Apple & Disney For Being “Very Late” To Streaming