Off-network bids for Warner Bros.’ Big Bang Theory were due at 9 AM PT this morning. TBS, FX, USA have all submitted their offers along with Viacom, with smaller players also in the mix. The price is expected to hover around $1 million an episode, which was the record price tag for a sitcom cable sale fetched by Seinfeld in its first deal with TBS. Most observers expect the final fee to go north of $1 million, setting a new record. While all players are expected to be aggressive — FX already has Big Bang‘s companion Two And a Half Men, USA is looking to get into the half-hour comedy business — “it will be a shocker if TBS doesn’t land the show,” an insider said. Besides being in the Time Warner family, TBS has a great need for Big Bang, which it is hoping to use as a strong lead-in for the new Conan O’Brien talk show. For now, it appears that cable nets will share the show with broadcast stations. But it is theoretically possible that a cabler ponies up $2 million an episode for exclusive rights.
Syndication Bids In For 'Big Bang Theory'
What's Hot on Deadline
Is The Man In Black A Human Or Host? 'Westworld' Co-Creator Lisa Joy On Season 2 Finale & What's Next
John Oliver Blasts Cable News Coverage Of Donald Trump's "Children In Cages" Immigration Strategy And Walk Back
Jimmy Fallon Gives Rare Slap Back At Donald Trump Over "Be A Man" Slag; Host Donates To TV Scribes' Stop Border Separation Campaign - UPDATE
Donald Trump Tweet-Bombs "Filthy" Red Hen Restaurant After Eatery Asks Sarah Huckabee Sanders To Leave
'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Slurps $711M+ WW; 'Incredibles 2' Has Record Pixar China Bow - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘How High’ Movie Sequel Ordered By MTV
- ‘Unbelievable’: Toni Collette, Merritt Wever & Kaitlyn Dever To Star In Netflix Limited Series
- ‘Charm City’ Documentary Getting Theatrical & TV Release Via PBS
- Channel 4’s Head Of Drama Beth Willis Exits & Joins ‘National Treasure’ Producer The Forge
- ‘Roseanne’ Spinoff ‘The Conners’ Set To Face Similar International Challenges As Its…
- Kanye West Attempts To Explain Slavery “Choice” Comments And Trump’s “Dragon Energy”