Who didn’t see that one coming? ABC’s midseason drama Happy Town is headed for a quick exit. The network will air the show’s third episode on Wednesday as planned, but will preempt it next week with Primetime: What Would You Do? which did solid numbers on Friday. Telecast of Transformers was already scheduled for the 26th, and then Happy Town will return on June 2 with the remaining five episodes. In its second airing last week, the mystery drama (1.2 rating/4 share among adults 18-49, 3.9 million viewers overall) dropped 29% in the 18-49 demo from its disappointing premiere.
'Happy Town' Pulled, Will Return in June
What's Hot on Deadline
Elisabeth Röhm To Play Fox News Host Martha MacCallum; Spencer Garrett Is Sean Hannity: Jay Roach's Roger Ailes Movie
Don't Stop Him Now: Will The Oscars Embrace ‘Mr. Robot’ Emmy Winner Rami Malek's Turn As Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'?
Netflix Orders Innovative Animated World War II Drama Series 'The Liberator' From A+E Studios, Unique Features & Jeb Stuart
RatPac Dune's Warner Bros Film Library Sale: Who Wants Piece Of 'Wonder Woman,' 'American Sniper' & 'Gravity'?
PTA, Cuaron, Streisand, Del Toro, Edgar Wright, Inarritu, DiCaprio, Chazelle, Nolan Among Directors Appealing To Warner Bros To Save FilmStruck
Latest TV News
- Michelle Obama Reveals To Jimmy Kimmel Things She Could Not Say As First Lady
- ‘The Daily Show’s Jaboukie Young-White Unhappy Amazon HQ Coming To Queens
- NBC Buys ‘Man. Woman. Child.’ Comedy From Hazy Mills & Will Packer Media
- ‘Grand Hotel’: John Marshall Jones, Richard Burgi & Adrian Pasdar Join ABC Drama Series
- CBS Developing ‘Family Emergency’ Medical Drama From Michael Rauch & Jennie Snyder Urman
- Donald Trump To Visit California Wildfire Victims Saturday, Capping Week Of Blasting And Consoling State Via Twitter