James Cameron’s Avatar retail sales (not including rental sales) have reached 19.7 million Blu-ray disc and DVDs combined worldwide by its third week in release, according to 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment. (By comparison, The Dark Knight sold approximately 16 million units worldwide on Blu-ray and DVD combined in its 3rd week.) Internationally, Avatar displaces Harry Potter 5 as the biggest selling title since the launch of DVD. Meanwhile, its Blu-ray disc sales are at 6.2 million – – more than double the industry standard for the high definition format. Avatar is now the biggest Blu-ray release of all time worldwide with no sign of slowing down.
19.7 Million 'Avatar' Blu-ray & DVDs Sold
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
Latest TV News
- Richard Valeriani Dies: NBC Newsman Who Covered Civil Rights Movement & Nixon Was 85
- How 'Altered Carbon' Production Designer Carey Meyer Built Bay City’s Sprawling Main Street For Sci-Fi Series
- CAA Signs ‘Get Out’s Daniel Kaluuya
- Liz Friedman Inks Overall Deal With Sony Pictures TV
- Richard Schiff Says Dr. Glassman’s Fate In ‘The Good Doctor’ Was On Plan From The Start
- WarnerMedia CEO John Stankey: No More Top Exec Exits Expected Soon