Good news for those of you who enjoyed the IFC First Time release. Shane Meadows, writer and director of This Is England, is picking up the film’s characters four years on. Channel 4 will show the four-part drama This Is England ’86 in the autumn. The serial marks Meadow’s TV debut. He’ll share directing duties with Tom Harper (Scouting Book For Boys). Each will direct two of the four episodes. Meadows’ regular producer Mark Herbert of Warp Films will produce the series. This Is England, which followed a misfit boy (Thomas Turgoose) who falls in with a skinhead gang, has been Meadows’ most successful film to date. It’s earned $3 million domestically, selling over 300,000 DVDs. The film has grossed over $4 million overseas. Meadows is a great filmmaker in the gritty tradition of Mike Leigh and Ken Loach. But will This Is England ’86 be edited down for U.S. theatrical release?
'This Is England' Sequel To Be TV Drama
What's Hot on Deadline
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Record $183M Beats ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Opening & Lifetime Totals Of ‘Cars 3’, ‘A Bug’s Life…
- Blumhouse Partners With Tang Media On Chinese Horror/Thriller Pics
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $370M Overseas; ‘Incredibles 2’ Powers $52M Early Bow – International…
- MoviePass Reps 40% Of ‘Gotti’s $1.67M Opening As Critics Slaughter John Travolta Mob Pic
- ‘Gotti’ Gets Whacked With 0% Rotten Tomatoes Score: A Deeper Look
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Devouring $125M In China; Franchise Will Stomp Across $4B WW This Frame