While the website Hitfix reported today that Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief star Logan Lerman was the clear first choice and “almost 100% locked” into becoming the next Peter Parker in the rebirth of the Spider-Man franchise, insiders at Sony say that the young actor is not getting the role. In fact, these sources were very definitive in denying the story, and were sure that Lerman was 100% not going to be Spidey and that he is not on the list of candidates being seriously considered. for the new film that will be directed by (500) Days of Summer helmer Marc Webb. On the other hand, Drew McWeeny is often right about stuff–he was first to accurately note that Fox was eyeing other directors for the X-Men: First Class spinoff film because Bryan Singer had committed to direct Jack The Giant Killer.
- It’s Official! ‘Spider-Man’ Reboot Will Be 3D
- TOLDJA! Sony Announces ‘(500) Days’ Marc Webb As ‘Spider-Man’ Reboot Director
- Will Sony Spin Spidey Reboot With Webb?
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘SPIDER-MAN 4’ SCRAPPED; SAM RAIMI & TOBEY MAGUIRE & CAST OUT; FRANCHISE REBOOT FOR 2012
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘Spider-Man 4’ Officially Has No Start Date As Of Today Because Of Script Problems; Sony “Unlikely” To Make Scheduled May 5, 2011, Release Date
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.