The end of the Spider-Man franchise has created new opportunities for Kirsten Dunst. She’s just been set by Lars von Trier to play the lead role in Melancholia that Penelope Cruz was negotiating before she jumped to Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. Melancholia is a sci-fi disaster film that will shoot July through September in Southern Sweden, with Charlotte Gainsbourg, Kiefer Sutherland, Charlotte Rampling, Alexander Skarsgaard, Stellan Skarsgaard and Udo Kier also attached to roles. Dunst is currently starring with Jim Sturgess in Upside Down. Bastard, the short film she directed and co-wrote, will premiere at the Tribeca Film Fest and was just accepted into Cannes.
Kirsten Dunst Will Lead 'Melancholia'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Latest TV News
- Emma Roberts Teases Return of ‘American Horror Story’s Madison Montgomery
- FIFA World Cup: Fox Sports Sets Record With Argentina-Iceland Match; Telemundo Scores Big With First Presentation
- Fox Sports, USGA Apologize For Graphic Language Inadvertently Broadcast
- Mexico Beats Germany 1-0 In World Cup, Avenges News Outlet’s Insult
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad