TheWrap (aka TheCrap) keeps getting turned down by the private investment companies which it has recently approached for survival funding — Saban, Shamrock, and a long list of others. And the new owners of The Hollywood Reporter aren’t interested in buying the website, given its deteriorating situation, although it’s been offered to them again and again.(As you know, the new owners made an unsolicited offer to me in January to become THR editor-in-chief.) Meanwhile, several more current staffers at TheCrap are openly looking for new jobs in this tough media market.
Is It Nearly Curtains For TheCrap?
What's Hot on Deadline
Shocker: 'Mamma Mia 2' Meets B.O. Waterloo As 'Equalizer 2' Is The No. 1 Winner That Takes It All With $35M+
Kurt Sutter Revs 'Mayans M.C.' Past 'Sons Of Anarchy's Shadow, Border Politics, Being Outspoken In A #MeToo Moment & Trump's Tiny Hands: Comic-Con
Latest TV News
- Viacom EVP Eddie Dalva Ends 33-Year Company Run
- ABC News Confirms Sara Haines Leaving ‘The View’ To Do Third Hour Of ‘GMA’ With Michael Strahan…
- BBC Studios Searching For New Content Chief After Handing Mark Linsey New IP-Focused Role
- NBC Reality Chief Paul Telegdy To Give Keynote Address At Edinburgh International TV Festival
- Tim Minchin To Star In Road-Trip Comedy Drama ‘Upright’ For UK’s Sky & Australia’s Foxtel
- Stalin’s Russia Set For TV As ‘Episodes’ Producer Hat Trick Options Simon Sebag Montefiore's Novel ‘One Night in Winter…