EXCLUSIVE: In a last-minute recasting, Sara Fletcher has been tapped as the female lead on Josh Schwartz’s comedy pilot for CBS Hitched. Fletcher replaces Smallville alumna Kristin Kreuk, who was originally cast in the role. The switch was made Wednesday, just before the multicamera pilot’s table read. Kreuk starred on two drama series, including her star-making turn on Smallville, and she was wonderful in an arc on Schwartz’s NBC dramedy Chuck this season but she has never done a half-hour sitcom, which requires very particular skills and comedic timing. Ultimately, Hitched proved not a good fit for her. The pilot, which Schwartz co-wrote with Matt Miller, centers on a newlywed couple, Rachel (Fletcher) and Brett (Jack Carpenter), dealing with their family and friends. The cast of Hitched also include comedy veterans Eugene Levy, Kurtwood Smith and Sharon Lawrence as the couple’s parents. Fletcher, who starred on Comedy Central’s My Secret Girlfriend, is with Gersh and Schachter Entertainment.
Actresses Switched By CBS On 'Hitched'
What's Hot on Deadline
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest TV News
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Winners: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Stranger Things’ Among Top Honorees – Full List
- MTV Movie & TV Awards: Michael B. Jordan Wins For Best Villain, Says He Thought “Roseanne Had It In The Bag”
- ‘Othello’ Review: Chukwudi Iwuji, Corey Stoll & No Gimmicks In Central Park
- Stephen Colbert: “Potent Tool” Stephen Miller Calls Baby-Snatching Immigration Policy A Potent Tool
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Gaslighting America With Claims His Baby Snatching Immigration Policy Is Democrats’ Doing
- Tiffany Haddish Opens MTV Movie & TV Awards With Wakandan Showdown Against Chadwick Boseman