In just 47 days of release, 20th Century Fox’s Avatar beat Titanic’s 12-year record with a total domestic take of $601,141,551, according to Hollywood.com. It achieved it on Oscar nominations day, February 2nd. This beats the $600,788,188 held by Titanic (though not adjusted for inflation or higher 3D ticket prices). Last week, Avatar crossed the $2 billion milestone in worldwide box office.
'Avatar' Beats 'Titanic' Domestic Record
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Anthony Bourdain's Suicide Mourned By Rose McGowan In New Letter; Didn't Take "Doctor's Advice" In Depression Battle
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $370M Overseas; ‘Incredibles 2’ Powers $52M Early Bow – International…
- MoviePass Reps 40% Of ‘Gotti’s $1.67M Opening As Critics Slaughter John Travolta Mob Pic
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Record $180M Beats ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Opening & Lifetime Totals Of ‘Cars 3’, ‘A Bug’s Life…
- ‘Gotti’ Gets Whacked With 0% Rotten Tomatoes Score: A Deeper Look
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Devouring $125M In China; Franchise Will Stomp Across $4B WW This Frame
- After AT&T-Time Warner Merger, Will PVOD Talk Rear Its Head Again?