In just 47 days of release, 20th Century Fox’s Avatar beat Titanic’s 12-year record with a total domestic take of $601,141,551, according to Hollywood.com. It achieved it on Oscar nominations day, February 2nd. This beats the $600,788,188 held by Titanic (though not adjusted for inflation or higher 3D ticket prices). Last week, Avatar crossed the $2 billion milestone in worldwide box office.
'Avatar' Beats 'Titanic' Domestic Record
What's Hot on Deadline
Aaron Sorkin To Congressional Newbies: "Stop Acting Like Young People"; Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Fires Back
Gillian Anderson Set To Join 'The Crown' Season Four As Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
'Pirates Of The Caribbean' & 'Titans' Star Brenton Thwaites, Lily Sullivan Lead Oz Pic 'I Met A Girl'
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Glass’ Cracks $89M 3-Day Global Bow; ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Nears $800M WW – International…
- ‘Glass’ Now Looking At Third-Best MLK Weekend Opening With $47M+ Despite Cracks In Tracking – Sunday Final
- ‘Bumblebee’ Buzzes Past $400M WW – What’s Next For The Autobots
- Jamie Lee Curtis, Tika Sumpter Wage 'An Acceptable Loss'; 'The Heiresses', ‘Adult Life Skills’ Bow – Specialty…
- Seth Rogen-Charlize Theron Comedy Moves Up To First Weekend In May After Scoring SXSW Slot
- Fox Searchlight’s ‘Tolkien’ Takes Early Summer Release Date