As of this morning, Avatar accounts for 76% of tickets sold at MovieTickets.com this week to lead all films. There’s over 200 sold out performances for the pic in the coming weeks. Of those sellouts, 168 are for 3D or IMAX 3D performances. “Avatar has already grossed $429 million domestically, leaving it $172 million short of eclipsing Titanic as the top grossing film of all-time,” said MovieTickets.com Executive Vice President Walt Borchers. “That’s a steep climb, but with the volume of ticket buying we’ve seen on our site over the past month, there is a very good chance that it could, in fact, break Titanic’s record.”
MovieTickets EVP Predicts 'Avatar' Will Break 'Titanic' Box Office Record
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Mocks Instagram Antics Of Mika Brzezinski, David Muir, Chris Cuomo On 'Last Week Tonight'
‘Black Panther’ Star Letitia Wright On Disney’s Juggernaut: "There Was A Need For It" - The Contenders London
'60 Minutes': Donald Trump Says "I Regret That The Press Treats Me So Badly" After Two Years Of Presidency
Gerard Butler Cancels Saudi Arabia Trip After Khashoggi's Disappearance: "The Timing Couldn't Have Been Worse"
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Finally Gets China Release Date; ‘Aquaman’ Diving In Early
- Greg Foster Exiting Imax As CEO & Senior EVP; Large Format Exhibitor Taps Paramount Vet Megan Colligan As President & EVP
- ‘Venom’ Courses To $378M WW; ‘Star Is Born’ Tops $135M; ‘First Man’ Begins Offshore Journey – International Box…
- What Do Words Cost? For ‘First Man,’ Perhaps, Quite A Lot
- Sony Swings Past $1 Billion As ‘Venom’ Bites $35M+; ‘First Man’ Has Soft Launch With $16M+ – Sunday…
- Timothée Chalamet & Steve Carell Bring 'Beautiful Boy'; Ike Barinholtz Takes ‘The Oath’ – Specialty B.O…