UPDATE: Universal is reporting that Quentin Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds opened #1 in Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Serbia, Slovenia, and Switzerland, while the opening day grosses in Germany, Greece, Hungary and Russia are the best ever for a QT film. Second-day grosses in France and Belgium (and French-Switzerland) were big, and the pic continues No. 1 in both countries. So overall, the pic grossed $4.1M yesterday, raising the international total to $8M.
'Inglourious Basterds' = $8M Abroad
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
Latest Box Office News
- Why The Industry Shouldn’t Be Scared About The Lowest Winter At The B.O. In Eight Years
- ‘Alita’ Adds $56M Overseas; ‘The Wandering Earth’ Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China – International…
- Presidents Day Weekend $151M+ B.O. Is The Lowest Since 2001
- Sundance's 'Fighting With My Family' Slugs A Winning Open; '2019 Oscar Shorts' Strong: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Alita’ Battles Her Way To $41M+ 5-Day, But Remains Far From Heaven At The B.O.
- Warner Bros. Dates ‘Dune’ For November 2020 & More