EXCLUSIVE: Last Tuesday I heard Aaron Kaplan may segue into becoming a manager. Now I’m told that the worldwide head of scripted television at the William Morris Agency has chosen to leave in order to form his own production/management company. The clients he’s taking have yet to be determined, but supposedly they will stay with the new WME Entertainment. Sources claim this was worked out amicably. There’s a palpable sense of relief at both WMA and Endeavor not to mention Kaplan and his lawyers that this is finally resolved. Remember, Kaplan had more than 3 years left on that no-mitigation, $11 million, 5-year contract which WMA boss Jim Wiatt gave him, and this had been the source of consternation during the merger negotiations as Endeavor sought to take over WMA’s scripted television department.
- William Morris-Endeavor Merger Update
- Hollywood History In The Making Today: Endeavor And William Morris Vote Yes
- Aaron Kaplan’s $11 Million/5-Year Deal
- Board Of Merged WMA-END
- Endeavor-WMA Merger Hangs By Thread: Stop Or Go Decision Thursday
- William Morris Agency Expands Board To Include Younger Agents And More Music
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.