I can confirm that, for William Morris, the members of the new agency’s board will be CEO Jim Wiatt, President Dave Wirtschafter, music division head Peter Grosslight, motion picture department topper John Fogelman, and book bigwig Jennifer Rudolph Walsh. For Endeavor, it will be Ari Emanuel, Patrick Whitesell, Rick Rosen and Adam Venit. So just 9 in all. A far cry from the current situation whereby WMA has 20 board members, and Endeavor has 28 partners. Notice how no one from WMA’s TV side (like Aaron Kaplan or Mark Itkin) made the cut. Variety is wrongly claiming that WMA’s Irv Weintraub is on the board but not Peter Grosslight. Untrue. Weintraub is not, and of course Grosslight is — since the hugely profitable Morris music division was a major reason for the merger in the first place!
UPDATE: One tipster tells me Weintraub may not be on the new board now, but he was when it was first planned. It’s inconceivable there was going to be no music presence on the board since it’s a machine. So Weintraub — who’s not an agent and has no clients — had to give up the seat for Grosslight in order to make certain the music department members on the board vote to approve the merger.
- Endeavor Partners To Meet On Merger
- WMA Board Heard Merger Presentation
- WMA Agents Lonner & Rabineau In Play
- Another WMA-Endeavor Merger Update, Part II
- William Morris-Endeavor Merger: Latest
- Another Sign This Merger Isn’t Done…
- WMA-Endeavor Merger Update: Bring On The Lawyers!
- WMA-Endeavor Meeting Inconclusive…
- WMA-Endeavor Merger: Today’s Meeting
- URGENT! Endeavor-WMA Merger Hangs By Thread: Stop Or Go Decision Thursday
- Endeavor Finds Itself Rumor Central
- Will It Be WME Or EWM Or Neither?
- Endeavor/WMA Merger News Of The Day
- Look Who’s Following An Agency Merger
- Endeavor And WMA Meeting Over Merger
- UPDATE: That WMA/Endeavor Merger
- IT’S FOR REAL: Endeavor And William Morris Talking About Teaming Up
- What’s Really Happening Inside Morris?
- William Morris Agency Expands Board To Include More Music
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.