The largest U.S. theater chain, Regal Entertainment, said today it’s having a very good 4th quarter this year compared to last year as an industry, seeing double-digit growth in box office revenue and high single-digit growth in attendance so far this quarter. Then again, Regal’s CEO Mike Campbell noted on business wires that the movie industry has done well during all the recessions in the past 50 years.
Regal Theater Chain Reports Double-Digit Growth In Box Office Despite Recession
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' Looting $69M-$70M; Widows $13M+, 'Instant Family' $12M+ Openings
Elisabeth Röhm To Play Fox News Host Martha MacCallum; Spencer Garrett Is Sean Hannity: Jay Roach's Roger Ailes Movie
Don't Stop Him Now: Will The Oscars Embrace ‘Mr. Robot’ Emmy Winner Rami Malek's Turn As Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'?
2019 Spirit Award Nominations: ‘We The Animals’ Tops With Five, A24 Leads All Distributors, Studio Classic Labels Come Up Short
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald’ Looting $69M-$70M; Widows $13M+, ‘Instant Family’ $12M+…
- Viggo Mortensen & Mahershala Ali Drive 'Green Book'; Willem Dafoe Paints 'At Eternity's Gate' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald’ Conjures $31M In Two Days Overseas – International Box Office
- Kelly McMahon To Succeed Retiring Joan Graves As MPAA Ratings Chief
- As Movies Become Commoditized, Toronto’s Search Engine Seeks True Love
- How Edward Norton’s EDO Is Revolutionizing The Movie Test-Screening Biz: No More Pens, No More Papers, No More Waiting