What hath Nielsen Business Media wrought? I’m told that laid off today are Julie Wood, managing editor/international; Karl Gibson, longtime editorial business analyst; Cristy Lytal, editor in special issues (hired in March); Alex Woodson, editorial staffer in New York; Brooks Boliek, who staffed the Washington bureau which now is evidently shuttered. Other names may be in the offing. “They’re no longer just trimming fat but bone and gristle,” one insider relayed to me. “Everyone’s got the ax poised over their head waiting to see who it falls on next. It’s difficult to imagine a more deflating work environment.” UPDATE: I’m also hearing that THR advertising account exec Evan Atkinson is laid off. Meanwhile, Victoria Gold, who was just promoted to THR‘s director of sales for film, is telling people she’s leaving soon. So the sales department will soon go from 18 to 4.
- B&C Steals Vet Hollywood Reporter Editor
- Say What? Hollywood Reporter Emails
- THR Rearranges Deck Chairs On Titanic
- The Hollywood Reporter’s Publisher Exits; More Variety-zation Of THR’s Nielsen
- Paula Parisi Exits The Hollywood Reporter
- A New Boss For HollywoodReporter.com
- Elizabeth Guider Named New THR Editor: A Get Or A Variety Also-Ran?
- The Hollywood Reporter vs Variety, Part 2
- H’Wood Reporter Seeks ‘Big Name’ Editor
- H’Wood Reporter Editor Cynthia Littleton Jumps To Variety; Anne Thompson Also
- Newest Bloodbath At Hollywood Reporter + Here’s Why Howard Burns Got Burned
- New Hollywood Reporter Publisher
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.